Please fill the following form and send your CV as requested in the information below the form…
Investment Fellow – IF 1
Location : Istanbul, Turkey
Assignment : Full-time
Duration : 6-9 months
idacapital – Overview
Idacapital, is the first and leading impact investor in Turkey and environs. Idacapital is managing, Innovation Fund which became the most diverse VC Fund reaching out Universities, Technoparks and accelerators in Turkey, CEE and MENA.
Innovation Fund invest disruptive and innovative startups in Healthcare, Education, Agriculture, Energy Efficiency, Financial and Digital inclusion fields. The fund seeks triple bottom line return and invest at early stage (pre series A and series A).
Idacapital is a member of Capria Network. Capria Network is the leading global network of fund managers backing early-growth businesses in emerging and frontier markets. The Network integrates 16 member firms investing in 37 countries across Africa & Middle East, South & Southeast Asia, and Latin America providing deep local presence and expertise combined with global reach and best practices.
Idacapital also is engaged with startup incubation and acceleration providers and supports them through VentureBasecamp program where Idacapital is the CEE and MENA regional partner of VentureBasecamp.
Opportunity at Hand – The Investment Fellow/Intern
Idacapital is seeking fellows and interns who are eager to work in the fast-paced world of venture capital investing. Idacapital provides an excellent learning environment with personalized mentoring.
The Investment Intern/Fellow provides end-to-end support for the Investment Committee from startup selection to portfolio management.
Competitive candidates for the Investment Internship/Fellowship will have a rigorous analytical background and strong interest in emerging markets. Financial modelling skills, language abilities, and a demonstrated commitment to development finance will all be strongly considered. The best cultural fits are self-motivated and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Regularly maintain a pipeline of startups regionally
• Review applications and suggest/implement improvements to the evaluation system
• Analyze the underlying investment opportunities
• Gain visibility by participating in widely circulated thought leadership
• Attend exclusive industry events and workshops
Education and Prior Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Economics, International Development or MBA.
• Proven commitment to and understanding of the space in which we operate: innovative ventures with scalable and profitable business models with potential to create widespread social impact
• Experience living or working in CEE, MENA and emerging markets is desired but not required skills
• A curious and questioning mind with eager to learn
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Highly motivated self-starter who creates opportunity, does not wait for direction, solves her/his own problems, and operates with limited management
• Investment banking, private equity, and/or venture capital experience preferred. The fellow role is a pre-MBA opportunity designed for candidates with 2+ years of experience whereas the intern role is open to more recent graduates.
• Fluent in English
Benefits and Compensation:
• Living stipend offered: to be negotiated depending on time commitment and location
To Apply For consideration for the Investment Fellow / Intern position, please submit your CV here:
info[at]idacapital.com with a Subject: IF 1